Sunday, October 25, 2009

Electron Madness Wall Writing

THE FLOWER REBELLION
“Electrons are the subject of this piece”, I said.
"ELECTRON REVOLT-no- MADNESS... ELECTRON MADNESS."
First they were electrons, moving, crazy, but they all wanted to be red
I gave them a good title: “Electron Madness.” They had their own ideas, though. Before I knew it they were all turning into flowers into pretty little things and soon they were out of control.
I struggled. There was a power grab.
Yes, there was some violence.
They just wanted to manifest manifest manifest.
I tried to discourage them from evolving BUT they had an impulse
To fulfill, a desire, a fate…they were compelled.
“Electrons,” they stated sharply, “are not shy.”
I found them too bold – after all, red is very fierce. (my friend Joan says this)

“Okay,” I said, “but I must maintain control of this piece; I am the artist. So just ONE flower, like an exclamation at the very end. The rest must remain electrons! Well…a second flower snuck itself in and everybody knows you have to have one, three or five, never two or four (unless it’s a very formalist piece) so now there are five… All that red was just disturbing, too. It was all blood and strife
Finally I understood, the flowers taught me this - green always lies beneath red (even symbolically).
When I added bits of lively green
the whole piece breathed relaxed sighed.
The fire of transformation _ GREEN !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers